The Kizhaay Anishinaabe Niin program translates in English to “I am a Kind Man”. The programs goal is to encourage men to speak out and end all forms of violence toward women and to foster healthy relationships.
The program has been specifically designed to encourage men and boys of our community to speak out against all forms of violence and abuse towards Aboriginal women.
Kizhaay Anishinaabe Niin Program provides cultural pacific healing for men who abuse and are ready to take responsibilities for their action.
The Kizhaay worker also facilitates The Domestic Abuse Intervention Program (DAIP), provides Peer Counseling, Peer Group Support, Men’s Support Circle, Cultural Teachings, Workshops Involving teen’s activities and Referrals.
Our Goals & Objectives:
- To provide education and support for men and boys to address issues of violence against women.
- To re-establish traditional responsibilities by acknowledging that our teachings have never tolerated violence and abuse towards women.
- To inspire men and boys to engage other men to get involved and stop the abuse.
- To support aboriginal men who choose not to use violence.
- To offer a safe, secure and healthy environment where men can feel confident to express themselves in a positive manner.
- To educate on traditional roles and responsibilities, increase cultural pride and promote healthy role modeling in and around our communities.
Our mission statement:
Is to reconnect men to their Ancient duty as protectors of women and children and to live a Mino-Bimaadiziwin (Good Life)
The Kizhaay program uses seven the Grandfather Teachings as a guide to a healthy living:
- Nbwaa kaa win, To cherish knowledge is to know Wisdom.
- Zaa gid win, To know Love is to know peace.
- Mnaa ded mo win, To honour all of Creation is to have Respect.
- Aak de he win, Bravery is to face the foe with integrity.
- Gwe kwaad zi win, Honesty is to practice fairness.
- Dbaa den di zin, Humility is to know yourself as a sacred part of Creation.
- De bwe win, Truth is to know and live all of these things.
For further information on the Kizhaay Anishinaabe Niin program please feel free to contact us at 345-5840, ext. 9079 or email at email@example.com, miigwech
Kanawayhitowin Means, Taking Care of Each Other’s Spirit, Together We Can Achieve It.