620 Victoria Avenue East, 2nd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7C 1A9
Indigenous Community Council Program (CCP) Volunteer :
The strongest component of the Indigenous Community Council Program is the commitment expressed by the program volunteers, referred to as Council Members. The Council Members role are to hear participant stories, how they got here, and to assist in identifying needs and provide recommendations for the Healing Plan. Each Healing Plan is unique to the individual.
- Promotes our culture/ceremony
- Gain meaningful experiences
- Meet new people
- Learn from each other
Criteria for Council Member*
- Identify as Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Must be over the age of 18 and walking the Good Life
- Must provide a CPIC (Support letter & costs are covered by the program or will be reimbursed)
- *Individually Council members are not expected to meet all criteria, however, together all criteria can be met.