Urban Aboriginal Employment Service
Providing Life Journey Support Services
To develop a sense of Native community in the City of Thunder Bay with opportunities for involvement and control by community members in addressing the issues that affect their lives.
401 N. Cumberland Street,
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A 4P7
Apatisiwin Employment Program
The vision of the Apatisiwin Program is that Aboriginal people gain education, experience, and skills to achieve and maintain meaningful employment.
Employment Counseling – To help clients define career goals, identify skills/needs and develop employment/training plans.
Skills Development – To Secure and monitor contracts with eligible clients/trainers/educational partners to assist clients in their skills development.
Outreach/Networking – To develop and maintain links with potential employers/trainers/organizations & services to improve employment opportunities.
- Unemployed or under employed
- Self-declared First Nation, Metis and Inuit persons residing in an urban Ontario environment
- Must have valid Social Insurance Number
- Must complete all documentation prior to service.
Funding is available for:
- Purchase of Training
- Employment Supports
- Training Supports
- Pre-Employment Training
- Stay-In-School Program
- Youth Internship
- Employment related -Community-Based Projects
- On-The-Job Training
- Apprenticeship Skills
- Labour Market Partnership
- Self-Employment Training
Employment and Training Services
- Employment Counselling
- Resume/Cover Letter Assistance
- Job Search/Information
- Application Processing
- Training/Action Plans
- Labour Market Information & Training Assistance