Urban Aboriginal Employment Service
The vision of the Apatisiwin Program is that Aboriginal people gain education, experience, and skills to achieve and maintain meaningful employment.
Employment Counseling – To help clients define career goals, identify skills/needs and develop employment/training plans.
Skills Development – To Secure and monitor contracts with eligible clients/trainers/educational partners to assist clients in their skills development.
Outreach/Networking – To develop and maintain links with potential employers/trainers/organizations & services to improve employment opportunities.
- Unemployed or under employed
- Self-declared First Nation, Metis and Inuit persons residing in an urban Ontario environment
- Must have valid Social Insurance Number
- Must complete all documentation prior to service.
Funding is available for:
- Purchase of Training
- Employment Supports
- Training Supports
- Pre-Employment Training
- Stay-In-School Program
- Youth Internship
- Employment related -Community-Based Projects
- On-The-Job Training
- Apprenticeship Skills
- Labour Market Partnership
- Self-Employment Training
Employment and Training Services
- Employment Counselling
- Resume/Cover Letter Assistance
- Job Search/Information
- Application Processing
- Training/Action Plans
- Labour Market Information & Training Assistance