The Indigenous Mental Health and Wellness Program (IMHWP) provides holistic and culturally-informed mental health and wellness support and programming. This program provides trauma-informed and strengths-based cultural approaches that address community-based mental health and wellbeing concerns for indigenous individuals 16 and older.
A part of the wellness team and working in tandem with the Indigenous Alcohol and Drug Program, the IMHWP aims to provide wrap-around services and strengths-based action plans for each individual to address goals in the area of mental wellness.
- Individuals that identify as Indigenous
- Are 16 and older
- Seeking services for mental health, wellness, or addiction
- Currently living in Thunder Bay
The IMHWP Provides:
- Individual and group support
- Treatment planning and developing strength-based action plans
- Sharing circles
- Group-based activities
- Community mental health and wellness presentations
- Culturally-informed educational mental health resources
- Internal and external community based referrals where appropriate
The focus of the Indigenous Mental Health and Wellness Program is to increase access to mental health and wellness resources, collaborate with individuals and to build supports within the community of Thunder Bay. All services are delivered to support, educate, and promote mental health and wellness for Indigenous individuals, families, and the greater community.
If this is an emergency, or you are at risk to harm yourself or someone else please call 911 or Crisis Response at (807) 346-8282
Appointments and consultations can be made by calling (807) 345-5840 ext. 9096