As part of a key component of Walking Together - Ontario’s Long Term Strategy to End Violence Against Indigenous Women, the Cultural Resource Coordinator Program is designed to provide cultural and traditional supports and services for Indigenous children, youth, and families.
The goals of this program include:
- Providing increased access to culture and culture based program and service delivery, specifically targeted to improve identity and foster healthy relationships for urban Indigenous children, youth and families.
- Organizing direct counselling, support, teaching and ceremonies, and other preventative services.
- Through a range of approaches, providing activities which will foster a strong sense of well-being and positive Indigenous identity. Children and youth who are grounded in culture and who have positive associations with Indigenous identity are far more likely to transition into adulthood confident, capable and prepared.
- Connectedness to culture for children and youth is a critical aspect of development and wholistic well-being. The Cultural Resource Coordinator will play a significant role in building and maintaining the cultural foundations urban Indigenous children, youth and families require to achieve healthier outcomes.
Calendar of Events
- Cultural and Recreational Program
- Family Recreation and Dances
- Traditional Teachings
- Drumming Circles
- Talking Circles
- One on One, Group and Peer Counseling
- Community Referrals