Designed to assist urban aboriginal people who may experience problems associated with alcohol or drug abuse.
- Aboriginal Alcohol / Drug Worker Program (AADWP) was established 1993
- Funded by the Ministry of Health
- Program designed to assist urban aboriginal people who may experience problems associated with alcohol or drug abuse.
- To promote alcohol and drug free lifestyles with the urban aboriginal community
- To promote healthy alternatives to alcohol and drug abuse in the urban aboriginal community.
- To promote a culturally appropriate system of addiction treatment services and programs.
- To promote existing Ministry of Health sponsored treatment service models within the urban aboriginal community.
- Referrals to Treatment Centres, Healing Lodges & Recovery Homes
- Treatment & AfterCare Programming
- Substance Use Assessments
- Individual Counselling and referrals for one on one counselling