Designed to assist urban aboriginal people who may experience problems associated with alcohol or drug abuse.
Providing Life Journey Support Services
To develop a sense of Native community in the City of Thunder Bay with opportunities for involvement and control by community members in addressing the issues that affect their lives.
401 N. Cumberland Street,
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7A 4P7
Aboriginal Alcohol / Drug Worker Program
- Aboriginal Alcohol / Drug Worker Program (AADWP) was established 1993
- Funded by the Ministry of Health
- Program designed to assist urban aboriginal people who may experience problems associated with alcohol or drug abuse.
- To promote alcohol and drug free lifestyles with the urban aboriginal community
- To promote healthy alternatives to alcohol and drug abuse in the urban aboriginal community.
- To promote a culturally appropriate system of addiction treatment services and programs.
- To promote existing Ministry of Health sponsored treatment service models within the urban aboriginal community.
- Referrals to Treatment Centres, Healing Lodges & Recovery Homes
- Treatment & AfterCare Programming
- Substance Use Assessments
- Individual Counselling and referrals for one on one counselling